Search This Blog ndcomposes.blogspot.in

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

I went to a school once upon a time

I attended Beacon School in Korba (now a part of Chattisgarh) from 1970-72. 

In 2010, some of we alumni of this school, organized a reunion in New Delhi. 

I composed this poem just after that occasion!!!

I went to a school once upon a time,
It was 'Beacon", and was something I could call mine.

The building was small,

With a few classrooms and a big hall.


Our teachers were both sour and sweet,
Who with ease could make us feel both cold and heat.

Never was there a moment quite dull,

Thanks to some friends, who made every moment both enriching and full.

Two years later I left 'Beacon' for another school,
But wondered whether I was wise or a fool?  


After thirty eight years now, I reunited with other Beaconians,
Who amazingly have come across like true companions!


Oh! What a waste those thirty eight years have been,
For no such gems, I have ever seen!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment