Search This Blog ndcomposes.blogspot.in

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Zindagi aur maut ke sarhad par

This was inspired by the valiant fight put up by a close relative of mine, with a terminal disease he was suffering from:

Zindagi aur maut ke' sarhad par,
Hamne' kisi aziz ko,
Ek elaan-e-jung mein uljha dekha.

Zindagi ki koi umeed na hote’ hue bhi,
Hamne kisi aziz ko,
Maut ko bhi fateh karne' ki zurrat karte' dekha.

Na jaane kab zindagi ki sarhad paar kar,
Yeh maut ke aagosh mein aa jayen,
Magar phir bhi ek jaanbaaz ki tarah,
Hamne' unhe' maut ko lalkarte' dekha.

Ek naa umeed aur bebas insaan ki tarah,
Hamne' kaiyon ko zindagi ki sarhad paar karte' dekha,
Magar khud ke’ hee elaan-e-jung mein,
Maut ko bhi ek bemisaal chunauti de kar,
Use’ gale lagate',
Hamne kisi aziz ko pehli baar dekha.

Sach, umeed ke’ daire’ mein reh kar,
Hamne kaiyon ko,
Auron ko jeene ki raah dikhate dekha.

Magar na umeedi ki chadar odhkar,
Maut ko bhi heiraan kar dene' ka andaaz,
Pehli baar ek misaal kayam kar,
Humne' kisi aziz ko iss jahaan se' jaate dekha.


 Translated:
   
At the bordering zone of life and death,
For the first time I saw someone very dear to me,
Engaged in a self declared war against death.

Despite having no hope for survival,
For the first time I saw someone very dear to me,
Daring to conquer even death..

God knows when,
After crossing the bordering zone of life,
He would embrace death,
But nevertheless like a valiant
He was seen daring even death.

Like a hopeless and helpless being,
I have seen many crossing the bordering zone of life,
But now for the first time I saw someone very dear to me,
Engaged in a self-declared war against death.

No doubt, by staying within the circle of hope,
I have seen many,
Showing others the path of life.

But despite donning the mantle of hopelessness,
Yet mastering the art of astonishing even death,
For the first time I saw someone very dear to me,
Entering the bordering zone of  death.

 Amazingly enough, at the bordering zone of life and death,
For the first time I saw someone very dear to me,
Fighting a hopeless battle with a renewed zest for life.  
     


No comments:

Post a Comment